Posted on 05-12-2014
If you've been on the Ideal Protein Diet for awhile, you know that it works. You know that by following the protocol you can achieve great results - and fast. Of course, success comes at a price, and when you started Ideal Protein, you said goodbye to many of your favorite foods.
I've been on the protocol for over 6 months now, and I have gotten pretty good at figuring out how to make fake versions of my favorite treats, using the Ideal Protein foods or things I already have around the house. This week, though, I think my life has totally changed. This week, I discovered how to have bread on Phase One.
Phase One Compatible Potato Bread
1 packet Ideal Protein Potato Puree
3 oz. cold water
- In your shaker or a small bowl/cup, stir together the water and the contents of the Potato Puree packet. Do not use the shaker with the metal ball, as this will create a thick-ish batter that will get stuck in the metal shaker spring.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet to medium-high, spritz lightly with olive oil.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread out to a thin pancake.
- Let cook for 1-3 minutes, until golden brown on one side and dry at the edges.
- Flip, and cook for 1-3 minutes on the other side.
If you use a little more water, you'll end up with a thinner, larger piece of flatbread that's great for wraps. If you use a little less, you'll end up with a thicker piece of bread that's perfect for sandwiches.
Each piece of bread counts as one IP food for the day, so make sure you account for that in your daily log.
It is a total game changer, and so versatile! Try it at home and you may never go back to regular bread again!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.